Calcitriol , Calcium Citrate Maleate, Vit.K2-7, Magnesium, Zinc Sulphate, Soft Gel Capsules

The Complete Calcium – The Safe Calcium
Dr. Sanjay Agrawal
Leading Pharmaceutical consultant and editor-in chief of IJMToday

Calcium: The important mineral – An average adult has 1-1.5 kg of calcium in his body. 99% of this is found in bones and the remaining 1% is present in the blood and other extracellular fluids. However, this minute amount (1%) in blood plays a vital role in transmission of nerve impulses, muscle contractions, cardio-vascular functions and blood coagulation. That is why the body always maintains this important blood calcium level.

Calcium requirement is increased during childhood, pregnancy, lactation, old age postmenopause, fractures, certain renal disorders and during drug therapies like glucocorticoids. The normal diet may not be sufficient to fulfil these increased requirements and the deficiency may lead to formation of week bones or increased incidences of osteoporosis and bone fractures. In such cases calcium supplementation is necessary.

Calcium Citrate Maleate is the most widely used calcium form and provides highest elemental calcium (40%) higher than any other salt and is economical.

Magnesium and Zinc: These two minerals have profound effect on calcium utilization. Magnesium prevents hypocalcaemia where as zinc forms bone matrix on which minerals deposit. Zinc also prevents osteoporosis.

Calcitriol : The active Vit.D3 Vitamin D3 plays an important role in calcium metabolism. It increases calcium absorption in gut, promotes calcium deposition in bones and reduces calcium excretion in kidneys.

Vitamin D is inactive form and gets activated first in liver and then in kidneys into active form as calcitriol. Many old age people and people with liver and kidney diseases are deficient in this conversion and thus the active form supplementation (as calcitriol) is necessary.

VIT.K2-7 (menaquinone-7): Makes calcium better and safer Recently released data has shown that this vitamin K form is uniquely effective and has quite astounding benefits on bone metabolism and bone growth. It activates at least three proteins involved in bone health, reduces the risk for osteoporosis and bone fractures, and increases bone mass. It does this by increasing the production of osteocalcin in osteoblasts and by inhibiting the production of osteoclasts which break down bone.

Further the recent research has shown the protective role of Vitamin K2-7 against vascular calcification. The calcification occurs in places other than bones like arteries, aorta, and soft tissues including muscle, breast, and kidneys and in heel spurs and is associated with a number of diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, atherosclerosis, and chronic kidney disease. Vitamin K2-7 prevents this calcification and makes calcium safer.

Thus the formulation containing above ingredients is complete calcium and is safe during postmenopausal osteoporosis, old age, fractures, renal disorders and chronic drug therapy affecting calcium levels like glucocorticoids.

Indication :

  • Postmenopausal osteoporosis
  • Old age osteoporosis
  • Fractures
  • Drug therapies like glucocorticoids
  • Contra-indications: Known hypersensitivity to any ingredients in the formulation

Dosage : 1 to 2 Soft gel capsules daily.

Start typing and press Enter to search

Shopping Cart

No products in the cart.